Privacy and Digital Marketing Policy
1. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, website visitors and service users.
2. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd are to be considered a data controller for the purposes of this policy and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), effective from 25 May 2018.
3. Goddard Chiropractic is registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
4. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd have decided that a Data Protection Officer is not required to be compliant with GDPR.
5. Goddard Chiropractic hold and process data under varying legal basis (See Appendix One; legal basis). Our most common processes are detailed as follows:
6. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd also process data in terms of;
a) Staff and subcontractor details; name, profile pictures and employment details. In this instance the legal basis for processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
b) Testimonials, see clauses 15-18.
c) Photographs at events; we reserve the right to use pictures taken at events for promotion and social media as part of a contractual basis on attendance, subject to your rights to opt out.
7. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd website does not directly process any data, however, it does process some data through indirect means, such as by utilising cookies (See Definitions; cookie) and using website tracking software.
8. We can not vouch for the safety or security of data published on an external link or via social media accounts. We remind all users to act with caution when posting.
9. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd do not store or process data directly on the website. The website does not contain logins for staff or members of the public to use.
a) identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website
b) secure our website and services generally
c) help us to analyse and enhance the use and performance of our website and services; and
d) store your website use preferences.
12. Website users are able to refuse to accept or block cookies through their browser security settings at any time. Blocking cookies may reduce usability or the number of features available on our website.
13. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd do not store, save or collect personal information from the website through cookies.
14. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. This software is provided by Google Analytics and Google Search Console. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website and to understand usage for further development.
15. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd may process testimonials and include the full name, age, company and/or employment details of the author of a testimonial
16. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd reserve the right to copy, screen shot and use comments made about Goddard Chiropractic Ltd in a public arena, such as on social media
17. Testimonials may be shared on Goddard Chiropractic Ltd website, social media, paper and/or digital marketing. They may also be shared with, employees and service users
18. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd reserve the right to use anonymised testimonials or testimonials without use of identifiable data, where consent is not recorded following provision of a testimonial
19. Although this website includes quality, safe and relevant external links, users are still advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites etc.)
20. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned
21. Shortened URL links might be used on social media or on Goddard Chiropractic Ltd website
22. Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively
23. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms. Users wishing to discuss sensitive details should do so through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email
24. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page through your social media platform account
25. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd reserve the right to publish comments, testimonials and posts made on social media in unedited form. We use automated social media walls, social share functions on our website to reflect up to date social media engagement. Website users are reminded that engagement with these functions are at their own risk
26. Users are advised to take caution and use good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by Goddard Chiropractic Ltd. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
EMAIL MARKETING & CONTACT
27. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd operates an email marketing program, used to inform visitors about products, services and competitions. Users can opt out should they wish to do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user
28. Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 as well as GDPR
29. Email marketing campaigns published by Goddard Chiropractic Ltd may contain tracking facilities within the actual email, linked to our website tracking. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity
30. In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will be detailed instead.
PROVIDING YOUR DATA TO OTHERS
31. From time to time Goddard Chiropractic Ltd may contact your GP, insurance provider and/or other healthcare professionals about the status of your care. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd will gain consent from you that it is satisfactory for us to do this, however we reserve the right to do so should it be considered that there is a legal or vital interest to do so.
32. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd reserve the right to breach confidentiality and share personal data where there is a public safety, legal obligation or vital interest to do so.
33. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd may process any personal data identified in this policy for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (whether administrative or out of court) and for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks or obtaining professional advice.
34. Goddard Chiropractic Ltd might disclose personal data to our subcontractors or employees on your approval. We may also disclose some personal data on your request to other practitioners for referrals.